March 29, 2018 • 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Location: TownePlace Suites, 50 Rosebrook Place, Wareham, MA
Your company could be eligible for up to 50% reimbursement for employees attending the Spring Kickoff for Landscapers: UMass Extension’s Landscape Education Day, March 29, 2018 in Wareham
The Massachusetts Workforce Training Fund Express Program:
- Is available for Massachusetts businesses with 100 or fewer employees that contribute to the Workforce Training Fund (all for-profit companies automatically pay into the fund), or companies whose employees work primarily in Massachusetts.
- Grant funds are limited to $30,000 per company per calendar year and to $3,000 per employee per course.
- Approved businesses will be reimbursed for up to 50% of the actual cost of training.
You must apply 5-6 weeks before the educational program’s start date; you cannot apply for reimbursement after the fact. For more details and FAQ’s, go to workforcetrainingfund.org/programs/express-program
Use this Course ID # when applying.
#1115117 Spring Kickoff for Landscapers: Sustainable Landscape Management Education Day, 3/29/18, details below.
There is a growing trend for aesthetically pleasing and environmentally friendly landscapes. Come join us to learn about landscaping principles and practices that you can implement to provide beautiful and environmentally friendly landscapes for your customers.
Cost: $100/person, $90 for 3 or more from the same company. Lunch included in the registration fee (please contact us if dietary restrictions will limit your lunch options).
- Designing a Sustainable Residential Landscape
- Using Reduced Risk Strategies for Managing Landscape Pests
- Managing Turf to Increase Environmental Health
- Managing Irrigation in Landscapes to Conserve Water
- The Year in Review of Diseases of Trees and Shrubs, and the Forecast for the 2018 Season
Credits: Three pesticide contact hours for Applicators License; two for categories 29 & 36; OR one for category 37.
Association credits: 4 ISA, 2 MCA, 2 MCLP, and 1 MCH.
To register: go to ag.umass.edu/landscape/upcoming-events