On Monday June 14th, NALP’s Virtual Legislative Days officially kicks off! The programming on Monday will include virtual meetings to ensure all participants are prepared and equipped to advocate on behalf of the landscape industry with their federal elected officials in the Senate and the House. The schedule on Monday is:
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm ET - Lobbying 101; Understanding NALP Legislative Priorities and How to Message with Capitol Hill Offices in a Virtual Setting
- 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm ET - Breakout #1 - H-2B Reform, Continuing the Fight to Overhaul the H-2B Program in the 117th Congress
- 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm ET - Breakout # 2 – Climate Change & the Landscape Industry
Following the Monday briefings, we are scheduling 100s of virtual meetings for event registrants with their elected officials. NALP is highlighting two key issues to carry to Capitol Hill.
- Support the H-2B Returning Worker Exception Act of 2021
- Promote the Landscape Industry and the Positive Impacts of Health Managed Green Spaces in Combatting Climate Change
Issue briefings, talking points, and infographics have been prepared for both topics and we look forward to your participation in this free event. Virtual meeting invitations will be sent to all registrants to take place over the course of the next two weeks. If you have not registered or do not receive an invitation to participate, please contact Karla Segundo and we will do everything we can to make a last-minute meeting for you!
Special thanks to our event sponsors FMC and Vermeer for their continued dedication to NALPs pillar to Advocate Relentlessly on behalf of the landscape industry.